When you hold an event for the second time (repeating events), Coconut Tickets can save you the time and frustration of entering all the details of the event for a second time.
In most cases all you will need to do is:
- Edit the existing event by clicking on the link to your event from the dashboard.
- On the event page look at the event schedule at the bottom of the page.
- Don’t change the dates on the existing schedule but instead click the button to create a new event schedule and enter the new dates
- Using the “active schedule” radio button make sure the new schedule will go on sale.
- Follow the wizard through to the last page and save the whole event
The screenshot below shows the event schedule for a repeating event where the event has been scheduled twice (once per year). The active schedule radio button is highlighted with a red circle.
At this point you can put the event on sale. The event information and venue information will already be there from the last time. The tickets and pitches would already have been defined and you can put them on sale directly.
If you sold special tickets for particular days (e.g. you had a special discounted ticket on the first day of the event only) then the ticket will work the same for the new schedule too. There is no date on the ticket that needs to be changed. So in our example the discounted ticket for the first day only of the old event schedule will still be a discounted ticket for the first day only of the new event schedule.